Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Wanderlust > DUBAI-LAND OF DREAMS

Wanderlust Like travelling? Want reasons to step out from your comfort zone? This is your travelogue.

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls

Old 17th February 2017
One for All, All for One.
  Diamond: Contributed more than $250 for XP server fund    Election: NHB Elections (Contest)    Mr Xossip: Mr XP Contest Winner      
:Lone Wolf: has hacked the reps database:Lone Wolf: has hacked the reps database:Lone Wolf: has hacked the reps database:Lone Wolf: has hacked the reps database:Lone Wolf: has hacked the reps database:Lone Wolf: has hacked the reps database
Send a message via Yahoo to :Lone Wolf: Send a message via Skype™ to :Lone Wolf:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raasug View Post
Thank you for your valuable and useful information about Dubai.

I had been to Dubai for a short visit. Attaching a photo also.

< image >

You should add more information such as the shopping malls, the Airport Duty free shops and the Atlantis Hotel in Palm Deira.
Why don't you add this info dude any particular liking for Atlantis

Have you seen the announcement yet?
Old 18th February 2017

0o8Kumar has many secret admirers0o8Kumar has many secret admirers
Dubai is the most boring place in the world if you have seen sky high empty buildings and visited foreign shopping districts before. Desert safari sounds fun but it isn't, you will soon realize there is no fun getting constant bumps while riding in the passenger seat of an SUV. The main attraction i.e. Palm Islands Dubai is just like any ordinary foreign beach and you will realize that the only way to actually enjoy Palm Islands is when your plane flies over it.

You guys may find my review harsh but it is very honest. Burj Dubai is basically empty. I will suggest you to pick an another destination. But its your trip, your money.

Old 18th February 2017
:LOVE IS SO OVERRATED:
  Annual Masala Awards: Thread of the Year      
Darkgirl21901 is one with the universeDarkgirl21901 is one with the universe
haah nothing harsh about it. Everyone have their own experiences.

Old 18th February 2017
next update........

things some travel agent trick you into.....

Old 23rd February 2017
traveler Tips

1. The Mobile Operator

There are only 2 operators which are Dubai based. Du and Etisalat. Both are state-owned and have counters at the airport as you land. Di is particular cheaper because it charges per second and Etisalat charges per minute.

DONT buy matrix. In my experience they are the crooked company, charging extra for every call and at the end of the trip, you would spend time-fighting them over the heavy bill which they won't be able to explain.

Pre paid sims are better, with recharge options available in many shops around Dubai.

You will even get gift coupons along with the sim, like one free on one, of various restaurants and fast food outlets, a free uber ride worth 40 dirams and much more. So your cost for the sim is recovered quite easily.

Last time I bought a sim I spent 50 dirams, got a sim, the coupons, the uber ride and 20 diram balance. Which was more than anyone else will give you? You just need your passport and money to get the sim. Will advice to get it at the airport only, as they are quick and hassle-free there. Your pick up guy may fight over the extra 5 mins spent over it but you don't have to worry for he remainder of the tour.

2. The Limousine Ride

Theist boring and money wasting activity in Dubai. Let's be clear, Dubai is a great city, great architect but it had nothing scenery to offer like Nz or European countries. The tour guide will try to book you a limousine ride around the city and charges heavily for that.

It was the most pathetic experience of Dubai ever. For starters, they try to cheat you by sending a fake limo. An original limo is what you want and they send you a customize version many times. Then the interior is sometimes flashy in the custom limos, like the car you book for a bachelors party. For abnormal a tourist, the lights become a nuisance. Then the music is up to you at least , as you can plug in your phone and listen to what you want. Refreshments are there but after a time you get sleepy being driven around town for a long time. The most common places they take you are:-

1. the marina
2. The palace
3. Bhurj al Arab
4. Palm jumeirah tip
5. Sooks
6. Drop you at dubai mall

The thing is if you're visiting dubai, anyways you're going to visit all of these places without a limo driving you around them in 3 hours. What else would you do in Dubai other than visit these place. In limo you can't get out or enjoy the place. It's just 10 mins stop, and hours of driving. It's just a waste of money and time.

If you want a limo ride, book a ride from one hotel to another, if you're changing hotels in a single stay or when going to single property from airport. People usually changes property once in one trip and at that time you can book a limo for your drop off, you will get the limo experience too and not get your time wasted.

3. Hotels

Book a hotel according to your liking and comfort level. A travel agent will book hotel which he has a tie up with. Most of the travel agents book it through a 3rd party in Dubai already and they give hotel which gives them good commission. Most of the hotels I have stayed have been good and comfortable so can't really compare all of them. Just make sure they are near the main city and you get the room you paid for. Hotel tries to lower your category from the mentioned one in the itenary. Most of the staff is European in dubai hotels so you get good hospitality from them. Cross check the rates with online sites for sure.

4. 2020 trade fair tourist tax

These days every hotel in dubai charges 20 diram per night per room from their guests as a tax for the preparation of the 2020 trade fair which is going to be the biggest in the world. Your tour agent may not mentioned it to you but you have to last it in cash before checkout or while checking in. So make sure that he has included that in the package or not.

5. Restaurant

Never book a restaurant through the agent. Most they book are cheap ones with not much to offer. Dubai is filled with international cuisine and should try according to your mood at that moment.

6. Burj Khalifa

When you book Burj Khalifa ticket for a visit, make sure which floor you have booked. There are 2 levels and the agent doesn't mention it as he books the 124th floor instead of 148th one. The view is not that different from that height but still if you can go higher why not.

For now, I can think of only these points. Do share your own experiences too.

Last edited by Darkgirl21901 : 23rd February 2017 at 12:05 PM.

Old 27th February 2017
Custom title

breville1 is hunted by the papparazibreville1 is hunted by the papparazibreville1 is hunted by the papparazi
Just saw this under your signature.....

Coincidence...I was in Dubai twice in the last few weeks! And before that I was there in the early 90s. What a difference!

With the pressure of work and incredible jet lag (16 hours) I managed to see the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa on the first trip.

Loved the Mall, so modern and sophisticated, the fountain show, the multicultural crowds. And Burj Khalifa was ....er nothing! Just another view from the top, Las Vegas? Paris? didn't tickle my fancy! But imagine when I tell people I went to the top of the world's highest building!

On my second trip I was invited to a restaurant at The Four Seasons resort (Jumeira?). Unreal....felt like I was in Europe, may be Monte Carlo. The architecture all round was very classic European (not forgetting the numerous Rolls Royces and Lambos!) ANyway, enjoyed a quick walk to their beach and went upstairs to a pastry lounge where a lovely young lady was singing (operatic style)a favourite song of mine "Smoke gets in your eyes" by the Platters. I loved it....I joined in and a couple of Arab ladies came up in full burqa and started videoing!! Made my day!

Most taxis only take cash...so a furriner like me with only cards had a tough time. They have black limousines (just mid-sized Lexus cars) that take cards but their drivers revel in taking astonishing risks, driving extremely fast on all roads and extremely close to other cars. Trying to call them from the hotel can be frustrating.

Didn't get a chance to see the tourist spots but then it was just another city for me and I'm not a beachy person. Didn't even get to see a belly dance!! Such is life for a weary traveler.

I did try out the Metro and it was very good. Clean and they have separate areas at the front and rear coaches for women only. Guess who didn't know!! And I got a lot of looks from them, wondering why the sudden interest in me (yup, felt 10 feet tall, all my Sundays came at once, Ha!). Then I noticed guys from across the carriage looking at me too! Then I noticed the signs....

Unfortunately, I took away the impression that most people on the Metro are working people. Rare to find Arabs or Whites. But Dubai was built by the workers. I hope their lot improves.

A modern city, still on the rise, with apartment buildings rising everywhere, a great meeting place for east and west (used to be Beirut long ago - the Paris of the middle east).

Old 27th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by breville1 View Post
Just saw this under your signature.....

Coincidence...I was in Dubai twice in the last few weeks! And before that I was there in the early 90s. What a difference!

With the pressure of work and incredible jet lag (16 hours) I managed to see the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa on the first trip.

Loved the Mall, so modern and sophisticated, the fountain show, the multicultural crowds. And Burj Khalifa was ....er nothing! Just another view from the top, Las Vegas? Paris? didn't tickle my fancy! But imagine when I tell people I went to the top of the world's highest building!

On my second trip I was invited to a restaurant at The Four Seasons resort (Jumeira?). Unreal....felt like I was in Europe, may be Monte Carlo. The architecture all round was very classic European (not forgetting the numerous Rolls Royces and Lambos!) ANyway, enjoyed a quick walk to their beach and went upstairs to a pastry lounge where a lovely young lady was singing (operatic style)a favourite song of mine "Smoke gets in your eyes" by the Platters. I loved it....I joined in and a couple of Arab ladies came up in full burqa and started videoing!! Made my day!

Most taxis only take cash...so a furriner like me with only cards had a tough time. They have black limousines (just mid-sized Lexus cars) that take cards but their drivers revel in taking astonishing risks, driving extremely fast on all roads and extremely close to other cars. Trying to call them from the hotel can be frustrating.

Didn't get a chance to see the tourist spots but then it was just another city for me and I'm not a beachy person. Didn't even get to see a belly dance!! Such is life for a weary traveler.

I did try out the Metro and it was very good. Clean and they have separate areas at the front and rear coaches for women only. Guess who didn't know!! And I got a lot of looks from them, wondering why the sudden interest in me (yup, felt 10 feet tall, all my Sundays came at once, Ha!). Then I noticed guys from across the carriage looking at me too! Then I noticed the signs....

Unfortunately, I took away the impression that most people on the Metro are working people. Rare to find Arabs or Whites. But Dubai was built by the workers. I hope their lot improves.

A modern city, still on the rise, with apartment buildings rising everywhere, a great meeting place for east and west (used to be Beirut long ago - the Paris of the middle east).

Did you ride the gold plated lift in Jumeriah, I loved it

Old 27th February 2017
Custom title

breville1 is hunted by the papparazibreville1 is hunted by the papparazibreville1 is hunted by the papparazi
No. Just went to the resort.

Old 27th February 2017
Quote:
No. Just went to the resort.

for me best part was the food. The restaurant in Plam beach are amazing... speciall in Atlantis..

Old 28th February 2017
Custom title

raasug is a pillar of our communityraasug is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by :Lone Wolf: View Post
Why don't you add this info dude any particular liking for Atlantis
It is a luxury Hotel with many leisure time activities !

The under sea view at Atlantic Hotel !

It is an ordinary Room at Atlantic Hotel !

Quote:
... A modern city, still on the rise, with apartment buildings rising everywhere, a great meeting place for east and west ...
A multicultural, cosmopolitan city !
The view of Dubai at night is worth watching from a dhow cruise !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgirl21901 View Post
Abu Dhabi I only go for Ferrari World.
I had been to Abu Dhabi also !
Abu Dhabi is a well planned modern city !

Thanks for Mr. :Lone Wolf:,breville1, Darkgirl21901 for sharing their valuable experiences !

Reply Free Video Chat with Indian Girls