Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > How to fix a corrupted SD card ( Say, in your Cell, the card gets corrupted / unreadable )

Old 6th February 2017
Custom title

ChandrakantOza has received several accoladesChandrakantOza has received several accoladesChandrakantOza has received several accolades
How to fix a corrupted SD card ( Say, in your Cell, the card gets corrupted / unreadable )

How to fix a corrupted SD card ( Say, in your Cell, the Micro SD Ram card gets corrupted / unreadable / few files invisible / lost ). Keep its adapter handy...

SD flash memory is about as convenient as external storage gets. It’s solid state, very small, comes in large capacities, is cheap and getting faster all the time. However, like any technology, things can go wrong. So if you need to fix a corrupted SD card, this post is for you!

SD cards can be read by many devices so the first thing you should do is try your corrupted SD card in a PC, tablet or camera. Sometimes Android might not recognize the card but Windows or Mac might. The same for some digital camera firmware. If you can get the card working, you can at least copy the files before formatting the card.

The easiest way to fix a corrupted SD card is by using a computer. You will need a USB card reader connected to a PC, or a laptop or tablet with a reader built in to proceed.

1. Insert the SD card into the reader.
2. Wait for the card to be recognized and access it if it is.
3. Copy files to a safe place.

If the card is not recognized, try to manually assign it a drive letter through your computer’s operating system. In Windows:

1. Click Start and then Control Panel.
2. Click Administrative Tools and select Computer Management.
3. Select Disk Management and look for the SD card in the drive viewer.
4. Right click the card and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
5. Give the card an original drive letter and see if Explorer recognizes it.

If the card is recognized, copy the contents somewhere safe. If the card is not recognized, move on to the next two steps. Note though that your files are either already lost or will be while we fix the SD card.

1. If the SD card has been recognized by your computer but you cannot access the files, format the card using the operating system options. Right click then Format in Windows.

Or:

2. Use third-party SD formatter software to try to recover the disk or fully format it

These last two steps are options of last resort. They will most likely fix a corrupted SD card so you can use it again but will definitely delete all the data that was stored on it. Use at your own risk!

Last edited by ChandrakantOza : 6th February 2017 at 07:31 AM.

Old 16th February 2017

desiboysizzler has received several accoladesdesiboysizzler has received several accoladesdesiboysizzler has received several accolades
My card corrupted as that I am able to browse all content store in card previously but I am not able to store new files nor I am able to delete old files. it working like Read Only.

I used Diskpart Method but there is cyclic redundancy check error and I am not able to format that card by anyway.

If you have any other ways to sort this problem then please help me out.

It Sandisk 16 GB class 10 card, and I also want to service centre with bill but they are asking for Wrapper of the card which I lost.

Old 21st February 2017
Custom title

ChandrakantOza has received several accoladesChandrakantOza has received several accoladesChandrakantOza has received several accolades
If U in usa,.. call toll free number,.. and they will exchange for free,. they are very generous,..1 (866) 726-3475. Tell the issue,... they will not require wrapper,..
They have on back of the card,.. can read whether it's fake or original,.. Their R n' D dept love to investigate why and how it failed and hence they co-operate with you for exchange,..

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Custom title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOjR3oqxYTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saQxarQq45M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TcZKYEP4lY

^^ just like this,...I would say, the best bet would be,.. go to youtube.com and in searchbox type, How to fix the damaged SD Ram card / Flesh drive
you will see many videos let see if some trick works,..

Last edited by ChandrakantOza : 2 Weeks Ago at 09:16 AM.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Custom title

fuditerifruitvargi is hunted by the papparazifuditerifruitvargi is hunted by the papparazifuditerifruitvargi is hunted by the papparazifuditerifruitvargi is hunted by the papparazifuditerifruitvargi is hunted by the papparazifuditerifruitvargi is hunted by the papparazi
I had same problem and youtube video helped me to fix it

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Custom title

https://www.google.com/search?q=USB+...=1920&bih=1071

^^Buy such
usb memory card reader, and struggle in Computer,.. as follow

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/repai...rds-47334.html

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...367912&page=12

Last edited by ChandrakantOza : 2 Weeks Ago at 04:18 AM.