Xossip

Go Back Xossip > Technology> Technical Help & Tutorials > Hauwei 303F USB modem not working in Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Old 17th January 2017
Custom title

secretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our community
UL: 7.16 mb DL: 992.74 mb Ratio: 0.01
Hauwei 303F USB modem not working in Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Hi all,

Need to know how to configure Huawei 303F 3G USB Modem in Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS.

A couple of days before, I installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS in my laptop as a dual OS along with Windows 10. After installation, when I plugged in Huawei Modem, it shows some message like "Registered to Mobile Network", but not connecting to interent. I tried creating new Mobile broadband connection. It keeps on connecting and connection is not successful. I switched modem with my brother(same Huawei brand, some other model). Its working fine.

Someone please tell, how to enable internet connection with my existing modem. Kindly explain in simple terms, since I am completely new to linux environment.

Thank you in advance.

Old 18th January 2017
The worst is yet to come

Thewisenerd has disabled reputations
Deleted

Last edited by Thewisenerd : 18th January 2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Not working

Old 18th January 2017
◄----------►
Visit my website
  Co-administrator: Co-administrator of Xossip    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Soccer WCC Organisor: Soccer World Cup '06 Contest      
illegal has disabled reputations
Send a message via ICQ to illegal Send a message via AIM to illegal Send a message via MSN to illegal Send a message via Yahoo to illegal Send a message via Skype™ to illegal
UL: 109.18 gb DL: 43.21 gb Ratio: 2.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretserver View Post
Hi all,

A couple of days before, I installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS in my laptop as a dual OS along with Windows 10. After installation, when I plugged in Huawei Modem, it shows some message like "Registered to Mobile Network", but not connecting to interent. I tried creating new Mobile broadband connection. It keeps on connecting and connection is not successful. I switched modem with my brother(same Huawei brand, some other model). Its working fine.

Someone please tell, how to enable internet connection with my existing modem. Kindly explain in simple terms, since I am completely new to linux environment.

Thank you in advance.
post lsusb or dmesg outputs. Is it properly detecting your usb device?

Old 18th January 2017

Fannih01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Hi all,

A couple of days before, I installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 Rachat de crédit LTS in my laptop as a dual OS along with Windows 10. After installation, when I plugged in Huawei Modem, it shows some message like "Registered to Mobile Network", but not connecting to interent. I tried creating new Mobile broadband connection. It keeps on connecting and connection is not successful. I switched modem with my brother(same Huawei brand, some other model). Its working fine.

Thank you in advance.
Avez vous essayé avec d'autres PC?

Old 18th January 2017
Custom title

secretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our communitysecretserver is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by illegal View Post
post lsusb or dmesg outputs. Is it properly detecting your usb device?

Yes. Device is detected.

Old 18th January 2017
◄----------►
Visit my website
  Co-administrator: Co-administrator of Xossip    Silver Coins: Contributed $25-$100 for XP server fund    Soccer WCC Organisor: Soccer World Cup '06 Contest      
illegal has disabled reputations
Send a message via ICQ to illegal Send a message via AIM to illegal Send a message via MSN to illegal Send a message via Yahoo to illegal Send a message via Skype™ to illegal
UL: 109.18 gb DL: 43.21 gb Ratio: 2.53
Quote:
Yes. Device is detected.
post lsusb and dmesg. A bit of log files/error messages also will help. Some modems (with memory card slot and driver CD emulation) will go to mass storage mode only.
Then you may have to edit modules and ensure correct vendor ID and PCI device IDs are entered. In the newer editions of ubuntu usb-modswitch should be included. If those packages are not there, try getting it with:

sudo apt-get install usb-modeswitch usb-modeswitch-data

Last edited by illegal : 18th January 2017 at 10:55 PM.

Old 11th February 2017
Custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegal View Post
post lsusb and dmesg. A bit of log files/error messages also will help. Some modems (with memory card slot and driver CD emulation) will go to mass storage mode only.
Then you may have to edit modules and ensure correct vendor ID and PCI device IDs are entered. In the newer editions of ubuntu usb-modswitch should be included. If those packages are not there, try getting it with:

sudo apt-get install usb-modeswitch usb-modeswitch-data

i swapped my modem with my brother. its working fine. Now, I want to share internet connection from ubuntu to my windows phone. I tried some forums but nothing worked. Could u elaborate about that?