Xossip

Go Back Xossip > ChitChat> Sports > Pune pitch rated 'poor' by ICC match referee

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Sarfraz The sign of success

SARFRAZDGREAT has disabled reputations
Pune pitch rated 'poor' by ICC match referee

The Pune pitch used for the first Test between India and Australia has been given a "poor" rating by the match referee, Chris Broad, in his report. The report has been submitted to the International Cricket Council, and the BCCI, which has been informed of the rating, will now have 14 days to respond.
The Test match finished inside three days with Australia claiming a 333-run victory. However, the pitch showed signs of deterioration and crumbling right from the outset with spinners getting prodigious turn from the first session of the game.
The penalty for a pitch that is called poor for the first time, as would be the case for Pune, can range from a warning and/or a fine of USD 15,000 with a directive to institute corrective measures. BCCI's response to the rating will be reviewed by ICC's General Manager Cricket, Geoff Allardice, and Ranjan Madugalle from the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees.
The ICC has six categories for rating Test match pitches: very good, good, above average, below average, poor and unfit. Incidentally, since the Pitch and Outfield Monitoring Process began in 2010, the Nagpur wicket used for the 2015 Test between India and South Africa was also rated poor.
According to reports, the curators in charge of preparing the wicket in Pune were asked to 'doctor' the surface to aid spin. However, in his post-match assessment, Indian captain Virat Kohli declined having passed on any instruction pertaining to the same to anyone. In fact when asked for his evaluation of the pitch, Kohli said: "It wasn't any different from the turners that we played in the past."

Old 3 Weeks Ago
$İ!£€nİ€ |¤£€@$€
Visit my website
  Councillor: Council Member    IPL Superstar Contest: XP Superstar Contest    IPL/CLT20 'Predict & Win' Contest: Predict & Win Contest    IPL Superstar Contest: XP Superstar Contest      
commet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps database
no need of match referee....i myself declared it pathetic when I first saw it

Old 3 Weeks Ago
I'm who I am
  Twenty20: xp WC Twenty20      
ura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps database
Agree

Khaak congrats ! Iss gold se naa hi chain aur naa hi anguthi ban sakti hai. Upar se halla ho gaya ki mere paas do-do gold hai, ab to insurance karwaana hi parega !

Old 3 Weeks Ago
mazy muzzy mezig

gizem has disabled reputations
The Nagpur pitch used for a test against SA in Nov 2015 was rated "poor" by the by the match referee Jeff Crowe.

That match also finished inside 3 days - India won.

Next experiment: wait till 2019.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
That's What She Said :dazed:

bhat_eber is a pillar of our communitybhat_eber is a pillar of our communitybhat_eber is a pillar of our communitybhat_eber is a pillar of our communitybhat_eber is a pillar of our communitybhat_eber is a pillar of our community
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizem View Post
The Nagpur pitch used for a test against SA in Nov 2015 was rated "poor" by the by the match referee Jeff Crowe.

That match also finished inside 3 days - India won.

Next experiment: wait till 2019.
Even this pitch will be rated poor

Old 3 Weeks Ago
$İ!£€nİ€ |¤£€@$€
Visit my website
  Councillor: Council Member    IPL Superstar Contest: XP Superstar Contest    IPL/CLT20 'Predict & Win' Contest: Predict & Win Contest    IPL Superstar Contest: XP Superstar Contest      
commet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps databasecommet89 has hacked the reps database
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhat_eber View Post
Even this pitch will be rated poor
this pitch is decent

Old 2 Weeks Ago
The Very Worst Part of U is ME

virender_sehwag is hunted by the papparazivirender_sehwag is hunted by the papparazivirender_sehwag is hunted by the papparazi
Quote:
Originally Posted by commet89 View Post
this pitch is decent
no way

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Visit my website

ghappu_singh has disabled reputations
pune pitch is very much decent.

Old 5 Days Ago
$İ!£€nİ€ |¤£€@$€
Visit my website
Quote:
Originally Posted by virender_sehwag View Post
no way
kahaan the bhai.

Old 5 Days Ago
I'm who I am
  Twenty20: xp WC Twenty20      
ura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps databaseura dhura has hacked the reps database
Quote:
Originally Posted by commet89 View Post
kahaan the bhai.
Anay

Khaak congrats ! Iss gold se naa hi chain aur naa hi anguthi ban sakti hai. Upar se halla ho gaya ki mere paas do-do gold hai, ab to insurance karwaana hi parega !